Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dyeing Hair

So my stepsister wanted me to dye her hair today and of course I said sure. I'm use to dyeing my hair and other sister's hair so what could go wrong. However, we've never had blonde in our hair. That was something I didn't think anything about it until we had gotten home. Then I googled to make sure it was okay to dye over it. One website said it was as long as the dye didn't have an ash tint to it. I started freaking out inside because I thought that was the one we had chosen. Thank God we didn't! We got a light golden brown. So we began the process and the whole time I was secretly praying that I hadn't screwed up her hair.
                    This is what she started out with. She had a dark looking brown color with blonde highlights all over the top.
    I mixed the chemicals together and started spreading it throughout her hair. Still freaking out on the inside not knowing how it would turn out, I knew there was no turning back at this point
After waiting 25 minutes with it in, we continued on and washed the dye out. The water had turned murky brown and when it turned clear I knew it was time. The dye was all washed out. I searched her hair to look for any blonde strips that might've turned a horrendous color. I studied her head for about a good 2 minutes and all I saw were a few dark blonde strips. It wasn't over though. Once I blow dried her hair I knew I would be able to know for sure if I had messed up. ( I seriously prayed while doing this.) It was the final moment of truth. Thank you sweet baby Jesus! 


As you can tell it didn't turn out horrible. The blonde had gotten darker but was still lighter than the hair underneath. The top looked like it had natural highlights in it though and blended nicely with the rest of her hair. Overall it turned out fine and I'm very pleased with it. Oh and I'm very, very, very, relieved! If you try this at home please read up on it or ask a professional for their opinion. I was very lucky it turned out the way it did. 

I just want to end by saying box dyeing can save you tons of money but make sure you know what you're doing first.

-xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and leaving me a comment! I can't wait to read them! Remember to leave a link to your blog! Love finding new blogs to read! Have a lovely day :)
-H