Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Carving Fail

 It's almost the end of October and you can't end the month without giving a pumpkin a makeover. So after church yesterday, a few of my friends and I decided to buy some pumpkins and do just that. 

I wanted the perfect pumpkin but I was in a rush and ended up getting a lopsided one that was tacky. I could work with it though. Two of the girls got white pumpkins. The other two got small orange ones.

They all wanted to paint theirs and make them look all sparkly and cute. While I wanted to carve and pull out all the pumpkin guts. I know this sounds weird but that's my favorite part. I just love the way it feels, kinda like mud. I know what you're thinking: What a weirdo! 

For my design I printed off Tinker Bell's head. We headed outside with our supplies and began. The girls brought out paint, glitter, glue, and paint pens. I brought out tape, a butter knife, and a sharper kitchen knife. No scraper for the insides just my hands. (I was limited on supplies don't judge)



 
The girls began painting away while I began cutting a circle around the stem. I began gutting the pumpkin pulling out all the seeds and gunk from inside it. I ended up getting a little Frozen princess to help me for a little bit too :)









Like I said earlier I didn't have anything to scrape the insides with so I used my nails for some of it. I do not suggest this by the way cause it sucked! I taped Tink's head to the pumpkin and began carving away.

This is where the fail comes in, well the fail began when I bought a lopsided pumpkin. I carved some of the wrong parts out. Everybody else was finished with theirs so I did what had to be done......


 We took some pictures of the finish products and I have to say mine looks the best!
*Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

On a side note my friend Grace said she wanted to be in the blog so here ya go ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and leaving me a comment! I can't wait to read them! Remember to leave a link to your blog! Love finding new blogs to read! Have a lovely day :)
-H