Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Taste the Rainbow

 So the other day I discovered a new YouTube channel to watch called Good Mythical Morning. Two guys, named Rhett and Link, are over the channel and they are hilarious. Now you're probably thinking, what does this have to do with tasting the rainbow? 

On one of their videos they did a "does it cereal" challenge. They added random things to cereal to see if it was cereal material. The one that caught my attention was the skittles. They said the skittles themselves didn't cereal but the milk was fantastic. I looked at the comments and unbeknownst to me the UK actually sells skittles milkshakes. 


 Fear not, you don't have to travel to the UK to get a skittles milkshake. You can make your own...that's what I did at least.

I looked on Pinterest for recipes and there were hardly any except for one from a blog called The Fashion Visuals. I will post a link to her's at the bottom.

All you need is 

1. A bag of skittles
2. Milk 1 1/2 cup   
                            3. Vanilla ice cream (4 large scoops)



 I poured about a cup of skittles in the blender then added the milk. I blended those together first and then added the vanilla ice cream. Blended it once more until all of it was smooth. Mine didn't turn out thick and to be honest I didn't know if it was supposed to or not. Also you can add whip cream if you want. I did but I swiped some with my finger and it tasted expired. So I scooped mine off.



After it was all blended together I poured it into the biggest glass we had and took a sip. OMG! Who knew the rainbow tasted that great!


 

It kinda tasted like the nerds ice cream you could used to get. It tasted amazing! 

So if you live outside of the UK and can't get a skittles milkshake, just make one. It's a whole lot cheaper than a plane ticket. 

Go taste the rainbow and enjoy!

-H

* http://thefashionvisuals.co.uk/making-your-own-yummy-skittles-milkshake/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time and leaving me a comment! I can't wait to read them! Remember to leave a link to your blog! Love finding new blogs to read! Have a lovely day :)
-H